Position: Molding Engineer
Company: Founded in 1972, with over 800 employees, we are a manufacturer of specialty medical products and offer a broad line of medical devices for Interventional Radiology, Vascular Surgery, Interventional Cardiology and Oncology. Our brand is recognized for best-in-class products that improve patient outcomes via percutaneous, image-guided procedures. By utilizing a well-established sales and marketing infrastructure, we serve a global customer base through a direct sales organization and through long-standing relationships with medical device distributors, strategic partners and OEMs.
We appreciate our employees by providing:
- Offering full Medical Benefits, 401k with company match.
- Relocation Assistance.
- Yearly bonus.
- Flexible work schedule and room for growth and rapid advancement.
Your unique role with the company: Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will lead all activities related to their injection molding process.
- Establish a robust process window for all injection molded components using Scientific Molding techniques along with Design for Experiments.
- Trouble shoot molding and manufacturing processes to mitigate production defects.
- Champion process improvement and optimization projects.
- Perform process and mold qualifications, and validations.
- Act as the liaison between Molding, Tooling, R&D and other engineering teams.
- Develop process for SMED, design, execute and train set up operations
- Use structured projecmt management processes to excute project on time.
What the company is looking for:
- 5 years plus of previous process engineering or continuous improvement with plastics processing.
- Previous Injection Molding experience in a med device, or regulated industry.
- Excellent knowledge of injection molding process molds, and other processing equipment.
- Previous experience working with common molding grade plastics
- Experience in validation of presses and molds, (IQ/OQ/PQ).